Truecaller App:Best Free Call Blocker App for Android 2022
In our daily life,we will encounter frequent harassing calls to the situation, in fact,caused a great impact and inconvenience to our life.Don't worry!There are a lot of software that can automatically identify and intercept incoming calls for us, so that we are not harassed.What good and free call blocker app for Android 2022 to recommend?In this blog, I recommend a free and useful call blocking APP called Turecaller. I hope you can find it helpful.
Truecaller App is one of the most popular caller ID and call blocking applications. It can help you identify unknown callers and block spam calls and text messages. Once you install it on your smartphone and launch it, it filters out unknown phone numbers and lets you stay in touch with other contacts. This is not the only application that can help you improve communication efficiency and security, but it is probably the first application that is still updating its version. In this short tutorial, we'll show you how to set up Truecaller on your Android device and use it to identify unknown numbers that are calling or sending you messages.
How to set up Truecaller？
The basic steps are the same as any other application. Start by clicking on this Android app apk download platform to get the Android Truecaller app on your device. After downloading the app, open it, enter your phone number, and authenticate via the OTP it sends.
After successfully verifying your phone number, create your profile by entering your name and email address.
During setup, you can enable spam protection, which will warn you when automated customer service, telemarketers, or robocallers call you. To do this, tap to open Settings > Call Blocking & Identification and enable all of the Truecaller toggles you see here.
After enabling spam protection, you can allow the app to access your contacts. It mentions, "Your contacts will never be uploaded or shared in any way." You can click Allow Permissions and then click Allow from the popup.
I don't allow the app to access contacts on my iPhone. Even so, it offers features that I use, like identifying unknown callers.
On the same screen, allow the app to send you notifications.
You can also see what your premium has to offer. But as of now, you don't need to upgrade. I've been using the free, ad-supported version of the app for a few years now, and it does the basics well.
Find out who's calling you with Truecaller
- Open the Phone app and tap Recents.
- Click (i) next to the call.
- Scroll down and tap Share Contact.Share contacts to Truecaller on android device.
- Click Search Truecaller to see who this person or company is. You can also click View full profile for more information.
Search Truecaller on Phone to find out who messaged you using
- Launch the Messages app and enter a conversation.
- Tap the phone number or profile icon at the top.
- Click Information.
- Click Share Contacts and select Search Truecaller.
Know who has messaged you with Truecaller on phone, search who the number belongs to with Truecaller.
In addition to the above methods, you can also open the Truecaller app, enter the number, and search to find out who it is.
Second, you can also simply copy a number from anywhere and open Truecaller. It automatically reads the number from your iPhone clipboard and displays a popup asking if you want to search for whose number it is. If you don't see this popup, click the clipboard icon in the search section. Truecaller will automatically paste the unknown phone number from your clipboard and search for who it belongs to.
For many numbers, Truecaller displays the area (telecom circle) from which the phone number originated (eg Delhi). Plus, it lets you know when the person was last seen online.
See when someone was last active on Truecaller
When you search for someone on Truecaller, it shows the last time that contact was online on the app. Likewise, you can also know when someone in your contacts is online. To do this, open the Truecaller app > More > My Contacts. It will show a green dot here and the last time the person was online.
Stop yourself from being seen online on Truecaller
If you don't want others to know when you were last online on Truecaller, open the app, tap More > Settings > Privacy Center, and turn off the Availability switch. Now no one can see when you last used the app. You also won't be able to see other people's online status when it's turned off.
How to Enable SMS Filtering with Truecaller?
During the initial setup process, you will be asked to enable spam call protection. Later from the app, you can also enable SMS filtering via Truecaller. Of course, if you're using built-in SMS filter, you can opt out of Truecaller. Note that you can only use one SMS filtering service at a time.
Here's how to enable SMS filtering with Truecaller on android device:
- Open Settings and tap on Messages.
- Scroll down and click on Unknown & Spam.
- Make sure Filter Unknown Senders is enabled.
- Choose Truecaller instead of SMS Filter or any of the other services listed here.
Filter text messages with Truecaller on iPhone and get notifications about who is viewing your profile on Truecaller.
With Truecaller Premium, you won't see any ads in the app, and it unlocks additional features like:
- Who Viewed My Profile: This lets you know who recently visited your Truecaller profile.
- Incognito Mode: This allows you to see other people's phone numbers without reminding them that you did. Once you get the premium
How to unlist or delete your phone number from Truecaller?
If you do not want your phone number to appear in Truecaller, you must deactivate your account from the app and unlist your number. If you've never created a Truecaller account, proceed directly to step 4.
Here's how to remove and unlist your number from Truecaller:
- In the Truecaller app, tap More > Settings > Privacy Center.
- Click Deactivate Account.
- Select Delete my data and click Deactivate Account.
- Now, go to the official delisting page of Truecaller, enter the number you registered with Truecaller and your country code, and verify.
- Finally, click Unlist and after about 24 hours, Truecaller will delete your phone number, name and other details and never show it to anyone again. This also means that you can no longer use the Truecaller app (unless you create an account again).
Remove numbers from Truecaller
After removing the number from Truecaller App, don't forget to remove the app from your iPhone.