AdGuard VPN FAQ
What is AdGuard VPN?
AdGuard VPN is a virtual private network ("virtual private network", or VPN) in English, which refers to a secure tunnel between two or more devices.
Connecting to a VPN gives you an encrypted internet connection. This way you can stay private and browse the content you love safely - no matter where you are.
Why do I need a VPN?
A VPN is a versatile digital survival tool. You can use a VPN to:
- Hide your real IP address. IP addresses include your real geographic location, comments posted on forums, and other information, and a VPN can keep your online whereabouts private.
- Protect yourself from snoops and hackers stealing your personal information, such as files, text messages, or other private information, while using public WiFi.
- Safely, anonymously, and unlimitedly stream and download the files or software you need.
- Receive discounts when you buy online. Sometimes local prices or specials are better.
Why is AdGuard VPN better than other competitors?
User privacy and security have always been AdGuard's top priorities. We have 10 years of good reputation to back it up. This is perfectly reflected in AdGuard VPN in particular. We use our own proprietary fast and secure protocols and provide you with unique privacy-focused features.
How to install AdGuard?
Now AdGuard VPN includes Chrome, Firefox, Edge extensions and apps for Android/iOS/Windows/Mac.
Which server should I connect to?
The best server location depends on why you use a VPN. See our suggestions below：
The main reason is anonymity:If you need a strictly anonymous VPN, you can connect to the country or city closest to you.
The main reason is to change the actual location:To hide your actual location, select any other location you want.
The main reason is that the connection is faster:Go to the "Location" page in the AdGuar app or extension and select the fastest server location before clicking "Connect".
Will my data be recorded?
AdGuard is a privacy-focused company. We firmly do not share or sell users' personal privacy data. We can proudly say that I fight for user privacy and security. We are firmly committed to this principle and strive to be as transparent as possible.
Can I enable AdGuard VPN on specific websites?
Yes, AdGuard VPN has two modes of operation. In regular mode, the VPN works on all websites except when added to the exclusion list. Vice versa, in select mode, the VPN will only work on websites added to the exclusion list.
Users can manually add exclusions or select sites to add to exclusions within the list of mainstream services. The list is divided into eight categories, including social networks, messaging software, video and music streaming services, games, shopping, search engines, and work communication tools.
What is the difference between the paid and free version of AdGuard VPN?
The paid version has the following advantages over the free version:
- AdGuard VPN paid version can connect five devices at the same time, while free version can only connect 2
- Paid version offers more server locations
- Unlimited speed. The free version has a maximum speed of 20 Mbits
- Unlimited traffic. The free version only provides 3GB per month
My subscription is about to expire, how do I renew it?
Depending on the user's choice, we have monthly, annual or two-year auto-renewable subscriptions. If you choose not to renew automatically, you can renew it manually through your AdGuard account.
Please Note: Discounts that apply to initial purchases do not apply to renewals.
How do I purchase an AdGuard VPN subscription for more than two years?
Use the same account to purchase another subscription. An extra month, year or two years will be added to your current subscription.
How many devices can connect to AdGuard VPN at the same time?
Looking at this information, it's likely that you're encountering a "limited connection limit" message.
The AdGuard VPN paid subscription covers 5 simultaneous connected devices, while the free version only covers 2.
If you have reached the limit and want to connect more than 5 devices, you can choose one of the options:
- You can purchase another AdGuard VPN subscription with a different email.
- Please choose a disconnect between the devices connected to AdGuard VPN. To do this, tap the "Disconnect" button on your device.
What encryption method does AdGuard VPN use?
AdGuard VPN uses the most secure and fastest encryption algorithm to date, AES-256. It is a block encoding with a symmetric key, which means it only needs one key for encryption and decryption of data, and divides the data into blocks before encryption. AES-256 builds 256 encrypted text blocks from 256 non-encrypted text blocks in 14 rounds.